*Latest update: 3/9/21*
- *Welcome to Greenwood Drug’s COVID vaccination FAQ & Information Page. This page will be regularly updated every Wednesday and Friday afternoons, as we receive updates from the Black Hawk County Health Department, Iowa
- Department of Public Health, and CDC. *
- *Please look at the CDC website to see if you qualify for vaccine phase 1C.
- Phase 1C includes those people ages 16-64 with chronic health conditions
- which cause them to be more susceptible to the virus. That does not mean we
- are forgoing those in previous phases.*
- *Due to the high number of people still on our notification list, we will
- not be taking any new names.*
- *Vaccine will still be by appointment only. Our supply is still very
- limited. We will work through our list as fast as possible.*
Which vaccine does Greenwood Drug currently have?
Greenwood Drug current has access to administer a limited number of doses of the Moderna Vaccine. Individuals must be 18 years or older to receive this vaccine. We are following CDC and Iowa State Health Department guidelines on which individuals are eligible to receive the vaccination.
How much does the vaccine cost?
There is no cost to you for receiving the vaccine. We will ask for your health insurance, if you have any, for administration and reporting purposes – we will be billing insurance for that fee. If you don’t have insurance, let us know, and you can still receive the vaccine at no cost to you.
Is there a waiting list?
At this time, our notification list is closed. Individuals that filled the information out, are advised to follow the county guidelines for where they can receive the vaccination.
When is it my turn to get the vaccine?
Currently we are following guidelines from the CDC and Iowa Department of Public Health. Please be patient and wait for your turn as our community continues to be vaccinated. For the most up to date information, please read the weekly update (at the top of this page) on the current phase of distribution our community is in.
I'm not sure if I should get the vaccine.
We advise you talk to your doctor/healthcare provider if you're concerned about receiving the vaccine due to any health concerns or have recently been ill.
Can the COVID vaccine make me sick with COVID 19?
No. The CDC states that the vaccinations (Moderna and Pfizer) do not contain the live virus, and therefore cannot make you sick with the virus.
Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others if I have gotten 2 doses of the vaccine?
Yes. The CDC currently requires individuals to continue to wear a mask and avoid close contact. The CDC currently states there is not enough information about protection once individuals have received the vaccination. Please continue to social distance and wear masks to protect our community. https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus/Vaccine/Information-for-the-Public